Monday, September 14, 2009

Today

Today I communicated with a group of ladies who are older, wiser, and more respected that I am. I had been hurt and frustrated by a decision their group made, and I needed to tell them that. Kindly tell them, but in a real way. That's not a very fun thing to do. It took me a month of prayer, thought, and discussion with my husband for me to figure out what to say to them. And I still don't think I got it exactly right. But then maybe my words don't matter so much; maybe it's the One who I let use me that matters.

I think that the Deceiver can use these things to cause division, resentment, and bitterness. But I also believe that God can use these things, these hurts and frustrations, to heal and to deepen relationships and to ultimately bring Him glory. And I'm planning on Him using this to open up relationships and to build and deepen understanding among people in this group and me. I'm counting on it.

1 comment: