Friday, September 18, 2009

A Random Before and After

I decided to do a little project in my little house. Our house is a bit on the small side, so I am always looking for ways to make better use of the space in my house. I sold the oak buffet and ordered white cabinets to match the upper cabinets we had installed back when this was the office space back before the basement was finished so the office could be down in the basement. You got that? :)

This is the before picture.






















Anyway, I was thrilled that I could figure out how to build this [almost] all by myself. I did need a little help installing the counter top because I couldn't be on top of and underneath the counter top at the same time.

This is the after picture. I really like the use of space. I have all of the kids' crayons/markers/paper/stencils/etc in one drawer, and my pretty dishes and tablecloths in the middle two lower cabinets, and my uppercase living stuff in the other drawer. The kids' art stuff used to be on the fridge and in a basket and tucked here and there, so I really like having it all in one spot, and the kids enjoy having their own drawer and being able to get their coloring paper and crayons out all by themselves.






















He had to help me push down on the counter top because my son just didn't quite weigh enough.


3 comments:

Kate said...

I just thought of you while being bored with my huge stack of office work! I love the cabinets, they are way cool. And the pic of hubby is priceless.

Kim said...

Sweet! That looks awesome! Nice work. I bet the extra storage is really nice.

Mom said...

Looks good. It is a better use of space.