Occasionally my girls don't get along, especially while driving. Their car seats are right next to each other and they seem to enjoy giving "love touches." If you have siblings, you probably know how this goes. One daughter pokes the other, therefore receiving a poke themselves, so they must give another poke, which is a bit harder than the last poke, then they earn another poke, and so on. You get the picture. Anyway, during one of these "love touches battles," I thought maybe I could talk about the things outside the car as a possible distraction. Looking around at the scenery, I noticed some forklift-type-things next to the highway. I'm sure there's a technical term for this type of equipment, but I don't know what they are called, so bear with me here. They have a scaffold on the top of the forklift that someone can stand on and they extend about 40 feet in the air. Great for putting up Christmas lights, but I don't think that's their main use. So I say to my girls, "Look at those tall forklifts! Do you see how high they are in the air?" My distraction method works - my oldest daughter looks out the window at the 40-foot-high forklifts and says, "WOW! Those are tall! Are those as tall as my daddy?"
My husband is over 40 feet tall, in the eyes of his daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment