We have plans drafted for a new house. A big, new house. I designed it, and I like it, and it would be great to live in. It would have many things my house now doesn't have: a dishwasher, lots of space, large closets, a dining room, a wood stove, a place for my sewing stuff, a garage, a master bathroom, a guest room, etc. Space to grow and to share.
I like my house now. I have it just about the way I want it. It works for us. It makes sure I don't hold on to stuff - I don't have the space for it, so I get rid of it or I don't buy it in the first place. I makes things a bit more simple. A bit less materialistic.
Should we pour our money into building a huge, comfortable place to live when so many people live in a square hut? Are the people in the hut happier than we are because they have less, or are we happier because we have more? Or does it matter where you live or what you have? Maybe houses don't make people happy. Maybe stuff really doesn't matter.
2 comments:
i agree with the idea of a small house ensuring you don't keep clutter - living in a small city apartment (and moving countries) has kept me relatively "stuff-free". we moved to an even smaller apartment last week so we could live in a nicer area and we are working on even now giving away and getting rid of those pesky "extras". its sometimes hard!
But, a new house would be fun as well! best wishes with your decision.
I stive to be "stuff-free" too! I hate keeping stuff around that I don't use, so a small house is great for keeping things basic.
Post a Comment