I’ve been a little bit blah this week, and a great way to combat the blah is to praise God. He is still the same even when I’m not. He is still in control even when I’m not (which I am not…ever). He is still faithful no matter what happens in my little life.
So, I was thinking of all I’m thankful for. There’s so much.
I am so thankful for a faithful husband. Who always puts his clothes in the laundry hamper. Who works hard to provide for me. Who loves to spend time with his family. Who reads to the kids and snuggles with them at bedtime. Who trusts me fully and encourages me. Who takes out the garbage. Who eats whatever I cook and thanks me for it. Who consults me on his business decisions. Who supports many of the projects I like to take on.
I am so thankful for my children. They bring such joy and laughter into my life. They are a huge challenge to me – which is what I need in my life. They stretch and grow me in ways that I never imagined. They test my knowledge (how do fireflies glow? How do fish breathe with their gills? Does ice cream turn into milk when it melts?) and keep me learning and searching. I never imagined how much joy they could bring me, or how much I could love them.
I am blessed that parts of my family are within two hours driving distance.
There are so many more blessings. The washer and dryer that faithfully launder so many clothes. The computers that help connect me with the world and give me answers to so many questions. The professional people I’ve come into contact with this month (doctors, ultrasound tech, financial pros, chiropractor, massage therapist, etc). My willing mother-in-law who loves to watch her grandkids. My friends who gather together for my harebrained ideas. The new shoes I bought this week. The blessing of living in a rural area.
I don’t think the list could end, except I need to get to bed. Good night!
1 comment:
I hadn't been around the blogworld in quite a while....doing my once-every-two-month pop in....yes, thankfulness is good in the midst of blahness.
Post a Comment