The kids painted a box a few days ago and are working on decorating it to look like a car. They saw the idea in a kid's magazine and got excited about it.
This got me thinking, observing, and enjoying.
I am a fairly creative person. I like to design and create and build things (quilts, scrapbook pages, wall decor, houses, furniture). I also look for ways to improve what I have and use things more effectively. My husband is an analyst. He thinks things through, weighs the options, and makes well informed decisions. He is constantly thinking, learning, and doing the math. He also has a fun sense of humor to balance things out.
I enjoy seeing our children's personalities develop.
My son is always thinking of ways to improve the efficiency or effectiveness of various things. He has a mind that seems to naturally engineer and analyze. He's a good problem solver and doesn't miss a thing that goes on around him.
My oldest daughter enjoys painting, drawing, coloring, sewing, and making just about anything. She goes for it, no time wasted. Very similar to me. She dives right in and gets things done. She takes a while to warm up to people she doesn't know, but once she knows and trusts someone, she might just pick on them constantly.
We are just beginning to watch my baby develop into her sweet and stubborn little self. She has a great sense of humor and is such a charming little person. I am hoping that she is just "two" and will outgrow the defiance that she exhibits. But, if she doesn't, that would be from me, because that is something that I am still working to outgrow.
I want to be careful, because I don't want to "peg" my children and decide who they are, or who I want them to be (that drives me nuts when other parents do that!) I want my kids to be free to choose who they want to be as they grow up, and I pray that they choose Who they want to serve as they grow older and hopefully wiser.
I thank the Lord for giving me these three amazing blessings.
1 comment:
Love the box, painting is always a big hit around here too. Too funny about Clara's "deviance." She does have a little spitfire behind her. Worst case, she'll continue to give you a good run for your money into her teenage years, but in ten years she may be your most obedient and soft spoken child, you never know.
Post a Comment