Monday, January 25, 2010

Childhood


My brain went through the neurobiological process of recollecting some enhanced patterns of neuronal interconnections. My brain does that a lot, which is good. It's called "remembering things," more specifically, in this instance, from childhood.

I have been organizing my already fairly organized house lately. I've sorted through all of my family's clothes and toys and applied the three piles rule: Keep, Throw, Donate. It's amazing what accumulates in my house. Stuff! I mean, a lot of the stuff is useful and has been worn and played with or used for whatever its purpose is, but it still accumulates and needs sorted and passed on to someone who can use it or stored until it can be used again.
During this process, I located some toys that I played with when I was little. I have been saving the My Little Ponies for my children, but was waiting until they passed the put-everything-in-my-mouth stage of toddlerhood and were old enough to appreciate and play somewhat gently with the ponies.
My kids were amazed what I pulled out of that box. Ponies, clothes and shoes for the ponies, a pink pony castle, baby ponies, pony furniture, etc. I don't know who enjoyed unpacking that box more. I remembered things as I pulled items out of that box. "I remember getting this pony in Canada on vacation" and "Oh, this pony's name is Baby Surprise" and "Heather gave me this castle" and "I remember these pony roller skates!" I spent hours and hours playing with these ponies as a child. What grand memories in a box.

2 comments:

baby sister said...

wow. i remember playing with all of that stuff. wow. memories.

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Fun! Cute pics too!