Friday, May 29, 2009

Tanked


This photo is probably not recommended in the farm safety book, but just for the record - the tractor was not running and the kids didn't stay up there too long.

Anyway, my neighbor has an old water tank that she converted into a planter and I really like how it looks. I asked her about it and decided that I would like to try one for myself. We had three old water tanks lying out in the "retirement" pile, so we brought one up to the house, filled it with a small layer of gravel and then lots of dirt, and then I planted my tomatoes and some flowers in it.

My husband was not so sure about this little project - but he kindly went along and even brought me a load of dirt from one of his fields. What a great way to recycle an old tank ~ and hopefully I'll have some great tomatoes.

This is what it looks like for now, with my red barn in the background - I'm looking forward to the flowers and tomatoes growing and hopefully overflowing over the side of the tank.

1 comment:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

I think this is a neat idea! Hope it works out for you!