Monday, April 21, 2008

Stripes

How to paint long-wanted stripes in a bedroom:


1) Buy paint and a big honkin' level at Menards.


2) Buy a very cool edging paint brush at Menards. This works wonders. I was so excited about how easy it was to paint along edges that I told a few friends about this neat edging brush. It turns out that I was the only one who didn't know about this style of brush! Many of my friends knew about this AND DIDN'T TELL ME!!!! This edging brush saves so much time taping and is so accurate. I suppose I have to forgive my friends for not sharing this vital information with me...


3) Paint the wall a white (with a TINY bit of blue in it). This will probably take all day if you have three kids running around. And you might have to wash paint off a four-year-old boy's hands.


4) Convince your loving husband to help you draw lines on the wall (using your really cool new big honkin' level).


5) Tape. Husband tapes. Kids tape. Baby watches.



6) Paint the light blue on every other stripe. It will go a lot faster if your husband helps. It will go a lot slower if the kids help. Although, if you husband helps, you might paint late and the kids might get to bed a bit later than normal, but that's okay because the room will be done!


7) Husband inspects the painting and touches things up. This only works if you have a husband who likes things "just right."


8) Take the tape down.


9) Admire the room!!!


10) Go to bed, you are pooped.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see it in person.

Susan said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

You have more energy than I have!