Friday, August 31, 2007

Skinny(er) Legs

I combined today, but not for as long, and I wiggled my feet a lot and propped them up on the brake pedals for a while. The result: not very swollen legs.

This afternoon, as I was driving the combine down the paved county road near my house, I had to pull over (several times) because I met a vehicle. Pulling over involves slowing down and driving one tire of the combine into the ditch, which will get me off the road enough so an oncoming vehicle can squeak around the header. Well, one vehicle I met was kind enough to pull over into an approach so I could stay on the road and drive right by. My daughter was riding with me today and she was standing in the cab waving at all the cars we met (she waves at about every vehicle she sees). An older (older meaning they looked mature enough to possibly have grandchildren) couple was in the car and they got huge grins on their faces as they pointed to and waved back at my daughter. It's fun to meet people on the road who take the time to pull over and wave back. Most cars are just in a hurry to get around and get going, so this car was a pleasure to meet on the road.

No comments: