Sunday, December 04, 2011

Castle

We are building  a castle.  It's maybe more like a large house, but we call it the Castle.  We call our current house the Cottage, mostly because it's rather small for a family of six.  The square footage of the Castle will be about four times the square footage as the Cottage.  I'm excited.

I'm looking forward to so many things.
A dishwasher
A master bathroom
A sewing room
A large kitchen
Room for a piano
A large kitchen table so we can have people over and have room for them to sit down for a meal
A garage

I think it will be a good thing for our family.  I sure hope so.

Anyway, we all enjoy watching the progress as so many people are in our yard to work on their part of the big picture.  The house spot has gone from a bare alfalfa field to a big hole to a concrete box to a box with a lid.



The big hole for the Castle

Pour day for the basement walls

The kids watching the floor pour
I'll try to keep you posted occasionally.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm really excited about this house :) i might have to come live w/ you in it this summer for a while :D

Joy said...

Sounds good! You'll even get your own room. :)