Thursday, September 08, 2011

An Apple a Day

I learn something new every day, especially as a mother of young children.  Here are some things I learned today:

I was encouraging my daughter to eat an apple at snacktime, "You need to eat an apple because it helps you... (this is where my son piped up)  ...HULA DANCE!

Learned:  Eat apples because they help you hula dance.

My three-year-old was writing a birthday card to her Aunt Marcy today.  She asked how to spell "Marcy."  I said "M" and she wrote an M.  I said "A" and she wrote an A.  I said "R" and she said, "I don't know how to write an R, so I'm just going to write an O."  "That's fine, next is a 'C.'"  She wrote a C.  I said "Y" and she wrote a Y.

Learned: Spelling really doesn't matter.  Right, Maocy?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

well, that's kind of closer to what they call me most of the time, anyway.

Unknown said...

and apples help you poop, btw.

Joy said...

Uh, yeah, Marcy...that's what I was trying to tell them, but Hula Dancing is much more exciting.