Friday, February 19, 2010

Small Blessings

Small Undeserved Blessing 1: I asked God for some desks a few weeks ago. I keep considering homeschooling, and desks would be useful if we decide to follow that path. Anyway, the desks randomly came up in a group conversation, and a friend of mine happened to have three desks, just the right size for my three kids, to give away. I am impressed, again and again, how undeservedly the blessings fall on me.


SUB 2: I have another friend who is moving away and dropped off a box of books for me. I opened the box and was excited at the treasures it contained.


SUB3: I had time to make a quilted table runner for my table. I squeezed in a few sewing sessions and produced a table runner that I am pleased enough with to be able to look at it every mealtime. Did that make sense? If I don't do a good job on my quilts, it bugs me, and I don't want to look at it all the time. In this quilt, the corners are lined up, the points come out well, and the quilting is satisfactory, so I can place it under the glass on my kitchen table and not wince every time I look at it. This is good. You can see two of my three SUBs in the picture above.

The list goes on and on. These are all little, tiny reminders that there is Someone who cares for me and who enjoys blessing me.

No comments: