I have been trying to memorize Psalm 121 for several weeks. It's a fairly brief Psalm, but it's tough for me to memorize. One of my friends suggested I put it to music, and I think I might have to do that. Psalms are songs, so that would be fitting.
My Bible study teacher talked about songs - about how much easier it is to memorize a song than a passage. I know many people (and me!) that can sing song after song by memory, but struggle with memorize simple passages.
I've noticed how powerful songs are lately with my kids. I invested in a CD a few months ago to help my son memorize his Awana Bible verses. The CD sets all of the verses in his Awana book to music, which, I'm discovering, is a great memorization tool. We keep the CD in the car, and the kids want to listen to it almost every time we drive anywhere. My son and daughters all enjoy the songs and are able to memorize them so quickly. I was amazed to even hear my 1-year-old daughter singing parts John 3:16.
I'm liking this song thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment