Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Workouts

My kids enjoy bike rides. I do, too. So today I made the suggestion that we go for a bike ride. We had my 2-year-old nephew over today, and he was especially excited because we have a trike that he really likes to ride. So, my son gets on his bike, my daughter hops on her little 12” bike with training wheels, my nephew chooses the all-terrain trike, and my baby girl climbs into the bike trailer that I pull behind my bike. Off we go!

We head down the road and my nephew has to pedal like a maniac to keep up with my oldest two. He gets tired in about 5 minutes, so I put him into the bike trailer with my youngest and park his trike in the ditch. We all pedal for about 2 more minutes, and my 3-year-old daughter gets frustrated because she can’t keep up with my son. So, we park her bike in the ditch and she rides sidesaddle on the front bar of my bike and holds onto the handlebars.

We finish the ride with me pedaling for four and my son way out ahead of us.

I got a good workout!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I bet that was a good workout! That is the only way we can ride these days. Gotta do what you gotta do right?!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Wow! Leaving the bike in the ditch--those are the things I miss about the country! You don't do that in the city and expect to find it when you come back! :D

Kate said...

Oh my word, that is some seriously intense workout action going on. How did you manage a kid on the handlebars?

Joy said...

She was sitting on the bar across the front (I have a men's bike I bought at a garage sale) and hanging onto the handlebars. She has pretty good balance and she was hanging on for dear life.

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.