Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Activities

I'm working on planning the creative activities for my local Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group. I have a few ideas that I got off the MOPS website. I need three or four activities. Here are some of my top picks:
1) Make a microwavable hot pack filled with wheat.
2) Make some simple first aid kits for the car.
3) Homemade valentines for Valentines' Day.
4) Fabric covered memo board hung with a pretty ribbon.
5) Artistically beaded darts to throw at husbands when they forget to take out the garbage.
6) Monster spray. This is an aromatheraputic (I think I made that word up - it means: smells good) spray that we would mix and put into bottles labeled "monster spray." The spray could be sprayed on the child's bed or in the room to repel monsters.
7) I SPY bottle. This is a water bottle filled with rice and little "things" like a paper clip, beads, small toys, a ring, etc. There is a list of the things on the outside of the bottle and you have to turn and shake the bottle to find the items. This is a great "quiet" or travel toy.
8) Boo-boo bunnies. A cold pack in the shape of a bunny, good for comforting owies.
9) Placemat purses. These are cute purses made from a single fabric placemat (currently on clearance at Target).
Tough decisions. :) Please help me out and vote for your top one or two or three...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always so good at crafts and ideas. I wouldn't have a clue which one to do.

Joy said...

Yeah, well, they all would be okay...I'll have to toss a coin or something.