We left the house excited; the kids were excited because we were attending a birthday party that evening. I was excited because we were on our way to a scrapbooking gathering for adults – people that would have a real conversation with me. A conversation about more than toys and nose wipes and all of the other things mothers talk about with their young children during each day.
We arrive at the scrapbooking location and I discover that the baby has soiled her clothes; the cute “going to a birthday party” clothes that I had waited all day to put her in so they would be clean for the party. She had poop on the top and also on her pants. I located the extra onesie in the diaper bag (kept specifically for this purpose) and hoped that no one at the party would happen to notice she wasn’t wearing any pants.
We attended the birthday party, ate the pizza, sampled the cake, and helped open gifts. The baby dropped the apple juice on the floor, the lid burst open, and apple juice splattered all over the floor. A few minutes later she knocked over my cranberry juice, which made a large puddle on the table.
After the party, we drove back over to the scrapbooking gathering. As I was visiting with the scrapbookers, I noticed the baby had filled her diaper again. And yes, the onsie was soiled. So she went home in a diaper. And her shoes.
3 comments:
Oh, dear! Hope you had some good conversation and fun anyway!
I had a good time anyway! Mothering is an Adventure, and I try my best to enjoy the ride. :)
Well, I usually enjoy the ride. Not always, but usually. :)
Post a Comment