Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Condo

We are currently staying at The Condo. It's the place where two of my brothers live. My other brother drove to the condo with us, so four out of five of "us kids" are here.
We had lots of relatives come here for Thanksgiving. We packed the place. It was loud and fun. I hope the neighbor was away for the day....but I guess she's probably used to the noise, so it probably didn't matter. We ate lots of food and played some games and did a puzzle and talked - our traditional family Thanksgiving.

Some things we've done here:
1) Attended an art show to see some of my relatives' wares.
2) Spent 25 minutes in line at the checkout counter at Old Navy, only to find out that I've left my wallet in the car.
3) Went swimming at the hotel pool with my uncle and cousins.
4) Made four pies and watched them vanish.
5) Went grocery shopping with a two-page list, two tired kids, and a patient husband, at 10:00pm.
6) Found a Christmas gift for each of my kids and even one for my husband.
7) Bought much needed snow boots for my rapidly growing son.
8) Took my daughter shoe shopping for nice dress shoes.
9) Dealt with a screaming daughter in Target - she WANTED the bright RED patent leather boots. NOW! No other shoes would do.
10) Left Target with no shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading about your life and the kids. I do miss you all. I don't know why my blog directions are in indonesian now - they weren't earlier.