Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sleep

I feel a bit ill. I think it might be lack of sleep. My body gets so tired and run down, and then I become ill. I always look so forward to babies getting a little older so they will sleep better, or so I hope.

My friend has a theory on sleep. She says to kiss sleep goodbye when you have children because:

When you have babies, you are up at night changing diapers and feeding them, so you don’t sleep well.
When you have grade school children, you are up at night because of nightmares, monsters, and various other reasons, so you don’t sleep well.
When you have high school children, you are up at night waiting for them to get home, so you don’t sleep well.
When you children leave home, you are up at night because the house is just too quiet, so you don’t sleep well.
When you are grandparents, you are up at night because of all those aches and pains in your not-so-young body, so you don’t sleep well.

It’s over. I’m never going to sleep well again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember waiting up for you and going looking for you when you were past curfew - it was hard to sleep when I didn't know where you were. And then college kids are like babies because they get days and nights mixed up. You are right - sleep is evasive. I am at the aches and pains stage now...I wonder if we will sleep in heaven to make up for the lack of it here.