Saturday, April 01, 2006

Precious Sleep

Exhausted. I’m so tired. My two-year-old has had a mild cold/cough for about a week, and last night the cough was pretty bad when he went to bed. At about one in the morning, he coughed so much he gagged and threw up all over his bed. I went upstairs and he was lying there, looking at his puke, asking “What is this?”
What a mess! My husband gave him a bath while I put the laundry in the washing machine and found clean sheets for his bed. Thank the Lord; he went right back to bed (holding his new tractor). I was just starting to fall asleep again when my two-month-old woke up and decided she was hungry again. She struggled with gas for the rest of the night. I did catch a few moments of rest when my husband rocked her in the morning. Oh yeah, and it’s time to set the clocks ahead tonight, so I lose yet another hour of sleep. I detest daylight savings time.

1 comment:

Rob F. said...

That's hilarious.

So does Tommy know the word "puke" now?